SOLANO COUNTY WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY
MICHAEL REHM – (707) 225-0731
Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one is never easy, but it can be especially tough if your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence. Such a devastating loss may be financial as well as emotional. It is a lot to deal with, but you don’t have to deal with it on your own. Attorney Michael Rehm can help explain your rights based on your unique situation. He can also help you recover losses in a wrongful death case.
What Is a Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death occurs when a person’s death is caused by another person who is legally responsible. Wrongful deaths can be the result of negligence, medical malpractice, or even intentional actions, such as criminal actions.
Common scenarios that give rise to wrongful death suits include the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Boating accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Defective and dangerous products, including medical products
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Occupational exposure to hazardous materials
- Medical Malpractice
What Compensation Can I Expect?
The types and amount of compensation greatly depend on the unique facts of your case. An experienced wrongful death attorney can give you a good idea of what to expect. In general, some of the damages that may be recovered are:
- Medical expenses incurred before death, including hospitalization and hospice care
- Funeral and related after death expenses
- Loss of companionship, protection, and financial support your loved one would have provided had they not died
- Punitive damages (via a survival action)
- Loss of future income
What Will a Wrongful Death Attorney Do for Me?
An attorney can take care of a wrongful death case while you are grieving for your loved one. If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, you do not want to worry about legal actions and court filings. You need time to properly grieve. You can hire an attorney to deal with the rest. This will usually include:
- Investing the cause of the accident or wrongful death
- Assessing the fair value of your wrongful death claim
- Determining who is liable for the death
- Dealing with insurance companies and other individuals involved in the case
- Collecting and preparing evidence that proves wrongful death
- Filing claims
- Negotiating with insurance companies and taking the case to trial if necessary
Attorney Michael Rehm Can Help
Losing your loved one to something that could have been prevented can seem unbearable, but you do not have to go through it alone. Solano County Wrongful Death Attorney Michael Rehm is here to help you through this hard time. If you need help with a wrongful death case in Fairfield, Vacaville, Vallejo or throughout Solano County or another part of California, don’t hesitate to reach out. Call today at (707) 225-0731 for a free consultation to discuss your accident and compensation options.
FAIRFIELD CA WRONGFUL DEATH ACCIDENT LAWYER
MICHAEL REHM – (707) 225-0731
Copyright © 2021 The Law Office of Michael Rehm